The Melrose Family Room has approximately 90 Full members and 20 Friend members. Membership is annual and all membership terms begin September 1 and run until August 31st of the following year.
Below is a quick summary of what our membership includes; please refer to the Membership Handbook for full details.
Members with Full membership ($200+ fees / year):
- May use the room as many times as they wish per month.
- Full members and their caregivers may bring a guest family to the room.
- Full members may rent the room for three hours ($75) for parties or events.
- Full members are eligible to attend all MFR events and playgroups.
- Full members have volunteer requirements, including maintenance of the room.
Members with Friend membership ($60+ fees / year):
- Must have been a Full member for at least one full year before attaining Friend member status.
- May use the room once per month, as they no longer utilize the room regularly but wish to provide support for the MFR (typically as their children begin to age out of using the room.)
- Friend members may also rent the room for three hours ($75) for parties or events.
- Friend members are eligible to attend all MFR events and playgroups.
- Friend members have volunteer requirements, including maintenance of the room.
Membership dues are $200 for Members, $60 for Friends, and are collected annually along with a nominal one-time processing fee. Our membership season runs from September to the last day of August the following year. We also collect a $25 deposit for the key which is refunded once the key is returned at the end of a family's membership.
Our waitlist for the next membership year is open, and you may join it below: